Produce Clerk (Full Time + Benefits)
Erewhon Organic Market and Cafes strive to sell only the purest, ethically and sustainably produced foods, wellness and beauty items, and household goods.
We support local organic farmers and growers; we partner with suppliers who share our concerns, values, and help build our communities by listening and learning together. We recycle, reuse and minimize waste as much as possible, and act in ways that protect the resources of our planet.
We are building a team of passionate, committed individuals who each play a vital role in making Erewhon a special place. If you are looking for a CAREER and want to be part of something bigger, we'd love to hear from you.
What You Will Do:
- Follow established departmental procedures for receiving merchandise including inspecting the product when delivered, pricing the product and restocking cases to insure freshness and quality, accuracy and product rotation.
- Provide excellent customer service and address needs of customers in a timely and effective manner.
- Ensure a fresh and appealing display by keeping cases and shelves clean and well stocked by front-facing, checking codes, rotating, and removing out-of-date products.
- Maintain accurate department signage and pricing.
- Stock and clean produce shelves and displays.
- Maintain back stock in good order.
- Maintain a safe, clean and well-organized working and shopping environment.
- Follow and comply with all applicable health and sanitation procedures and adhere to safe work practices.
- Operate and sanitize all equipment in a safe and proper manner.
What You Will Bring:
- Previous experience in produce department and stocking/care of organic produce products required.
- Good communication skills.
- Effective time management skills.
What We Offer:
- Based on your experience ($16 - $18 per hour)
- We offer great benefits beginning with a full complement of medical and other traditional group health plan coverage, 401K plan with match, and a 20% discount to all of our store locations for all full time employees.
Erewhon Markets is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity regardless of race, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, veteran status, disability, history of disability or perceived disability.
To all recruitment agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.